CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Danglerb wrote:
Good control valves are fairly expensive, around $300 (Klack and Fleck
I think are good ones) so people who want to make the most profit buy
cheap ones that last maybe a couple of years and mostly need to be
replaced instead of repaired.

Simple troubleshooting list.

Is there salt in the brine tank where water can reach it?

Is water going into the brine tank?

Is water going out of the brine tank?

Is regeneration happening? (timer working) Water going down the drain
pipe.

If there is a manual bypass, is it set correctly?

Speaking of which;

Are water softners intended to be used for the hot water only, or the
whole house water? Are you not supposed to drink this water? Is it
mainly for taking showers and washing clothes/dishes? That is, is it
basically for washing?

I believe I have quite hard water and have seen some units in Sears and
home depot, etc. But you would recommend I get someone to install it
for me, and perhaps have some kind of service contract? Would this be a
plumber?

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert