Rob Mills

"Bob S." wrote in message
oups.com...

What's wrong with pulling the wall receptacle and placing a MOV across
the hot/ground terminals?

I guess in theory it should work but after seeing one office depot strip
surge protector burn a spot in my carpet I don't think I would want one
inside my wall. My whole idea was to more or less build a better mouse trap
for the money. One that was huskier and retained the heat better than the
plastic cased ones sold at office and computer supply stores. I also needed
more receps than a single wall recep as I have a several (none that draw a
lot of power) sensitive radios, two computers and a printer. RM~