Doctor Evil

"Chip" wrote in message
n.net...
On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 15:46:35 +0100,it is alleged that "Dave Plowman
(News)" spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

In article ,
Egremont wrote:
Does some Chemists actually still sell old-fashioned cleaning agents,
meths, paraffin, ammonia and the like thesedays?.

I wanted some IPA for cleaning purposes and got the third degree from my
local chemist. Eventually he sold me a 1/2 litre bottle about 1/4 full.

I'd have given him the third degree back, as to what the hell he was
doing in business as a chemist if he doesn't want to sell chemicals.

Maplin electronics, 9.99 for a litre.

You have to put yourslef in the Chemists place. If dribbling, babbling
scruffy sod walked in, you would have to ask questions. No doubt he gave
him half and watched him go out the door, just in case he drank it.