NSM

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in message
news:yONBe.37611$up5.8210@lakeread02...

"NSM" wrote in message

news:AiIBe.92287$wr.8708@clgrps12...
I am not unmoved by the arguments in favor of globalization and free
imports
and exports. However I believe these arguments are based on false

premises
and that disaster may well ensue as a result.

What false premises, exactly do you see?

First, a very simplistic analysis of exports and imports and their effects
on the economy. It is a far cry from the export of cotton goods from England
to France and the import of brandy from France to England, all in the 18th
century, to the wholesale export of all manufacturing from the US to China
in the 21st.