Corry Clark

I love it!!! In my case the fireman would see me picking up the little pieces of
coal with my sled and he would always find a piece to large to fit in the
firebox and toss it overboard as he passed. Sometimes I could hardly drag it
home.

jim rozen wrote:

In article , Robert Swinney says...

Jeeeze! I got no more time for this stupid thread! I have to go now and
visit Mom. See, she's in the pen (sob) for stealing that load of bread to
feed us hungry kids. Basic morality made me turn her in. Bye!

HA ha ha. There's a bunch of **** going on in my life right now
Bob, but that gave me a well needed belly laugh. Thank you!

I am reminded of a story told by a guy I know, he just turned 100
recently. He used to live near the RR tracks in the town nearby,
and he said that when he was a kid, the trains would stop to take
on water. His mom would give him a package of baked goods to
take down to the trains while they were stopped there, and he
would hand them over to the enginner. He would receive a sack
of coal in return.

But the point is the same, this was in principle theft from the
RR company.

And yet I cannot help but get a sense of wonderment when I imagine
some little kid climbing up on a steam locomotive, to deliver some
home baked goodies to grimy engineers - and the heat from the coal
warming the house where the stuff was baked.

I think after 90-odd years, the statute of limitations has run out
on this offense.

Jim

please reply to: