Banty

In article , hubcap says...

Banty writes:
Either way, there's a
possibility of backing into something.. when backing in, or backing out!

I think it is easiest to make sure you don't run over the kitties
by pulling straight in... you can more easily pay attention to
whether or not they run in front of you.

Later, when leaving, you can look around for them, look to see
if they're under the car, and be pretty sure they're nowhere around
before you back out. If you fool around with the keys or something in
the car, you should get back out and check to see where the kitties are
to make sure it is still clear.

Sounds like a lot of trouble, but my kitties are unrunover as of yet.

-Mike

Me too. Kitties and kiddies both

It's a good point, though. When *leaving* my house, I have an easy opportunity
to see if there is any kittie or kiddie activity around the driveway or sidewalk
or street. Then I can 'afford' the lower visibility I would have while backing
out.

On the other hand, when I *arrive*, I can only see what I can see from the
vantage point of my driver's seat in the street. For that I'd rather have the
visibility to drive fowards into the driveway.

Although - my current setup allows me to back towards my backyard to turn
towards the street while leaving through my driveway, so I can drive forwards
either coming or going. If I lived on a busy street, I'd put in a circular
driveway if I at all could.

Banty