felken

Default Hardwood flooring question

I want to install trazilian tiger wood 5 inch plank flooring. The sub
flooring is 2x8 tongue and groove fir over floor joists with a 1/2"
layer of particle board stapled on top of the fir.

I would like to nail the 5 inch tiger wood plank over 15 lb felt on top
of the particle board without removing the particle board. I figure the
2 inch nail/cleats will go about 1 inch into the fir passing throught
the particle board and felt. The felt will act as a vapor barrier.

Do I need to glue instead of using the felt and if so is there a glue
that will work well on the particle board?