PC Paul

"Egremont" wrote in message
According to the news, the bombs used in London were constructed from
chemicals obtainable from high street Chemists.

Well, of late I've tried to get stuff like ammonia for cleaning and, more
optomistically, dilute HCL for de-scaling and just got a look of
bemusement
from behind the counter. I came to the conclusion that the old fashioned
Chemist doesn't exist any more -they are now Pharamacies selling drugs,
cold
cures and the like but not household chemicals.

Does some Chemists actually still sell old-fashioned cleaning agents,
meths,
paraffin, ammonia and the like thesedays?.

Have you tried buying citric acid for descaling recently - you get a right
dirty look because apparently it's used for cutting drugs...