Modat22

On 15 Jul 2005 05:51:49 -0700, "dean" wrote:

H.

Its a gum tree. When I split them on the splitter, it just fragments
into a tangled mess of shredded bits. All other wood I have been
splitting fine, but this one is impossible. I have acquired a few gum
trees that my neighbor has removed - supposedly it burns really well,
and its very dense wood.

Dean

Be careful burning gum, I find that I have to clean my chimney 2 times
during the winter season when I burn it. Also I'd let it season for 2
seasons before burning it.

If your stove has a catalytic converter in it stay away from gum, it
clogs them up really fast.

If you want something that burns really hot and lasts awhile get some
locust, be careful though it gets mighty hot.