Larry Jaques

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 23:02:47 -0700, the opaque Mark & Juanita
clearly wrote:

i.e, the time of their cashiers costs $7 and up per hour plus any benefits,

That low?

My very first job (age 15, 3rd year in CA) was as a box boy at an
Alpha Beta grocery store for $1.95/hr. (That was my first and last
Union job, BTW. Non-union pay was $1.65/hr and my net pay after Union
fees came to $1.69/hr.) That was in 1968 and cashiers were starting at
$8.65/hr even then. Can HD's pay rate nearly 40 years later be that
much lower? I thought that being able to use a cash register and/or
having any 10-key experience almost doubled the minimum wage pay for
those jobs.

Anyone have data on cashier pay rate trends?

- - -
Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.
---
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming for YOU!