Artemia Salina

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 18:50:40 +0000, Tom Gardner wrote:

The part I need thoughts on are how to pre-load the carbides in such a way
that it is easy to unload to change the carbides...(notice I get 8 cutting
edges on each insert!)

Tom, this might be a crazy idea, but I wonder if it'd be too complicated
to incorporate a mechanism to rotate the cutter 90 degrees on each return
stroke, thereby presenting a "new" cutting edge to the work on each cutting
stroke. This would make the cutter last 4 times as long between changes,
requiring the cutter only to be flipped over when dulled. I'm imagining some
sort of a ratchet/indexing mechanism.