Steve Loft

Default Replacing cast iron soil pipe

BigWallop wrote:

Measuring the pan connectors before you buy
them would give you a better idea if two of them will make up the gap you need
to fill. If you measure them from the inner part of the elbow to the bottom of
the spigot end it should tell you if the spaces are enough for your problem.
Which I think it should. Give it a try.

OK. I think I'll have to get to the point where I've got the old WC out
and the cladding etc off the walls (it looks like there's cladding on
top of ceramic tiles and who knows what else under there) so I can
measure exactly what distances I have to play with, and then go to the
shop with the tape measure as you suggest.

Many thanks for all your advice.

--
Steve Loft, Wanlockhead, Dumfriesshire. 1417ft ASL