Joe

My 5 most favorite Lindsay books? Geez, that's a tall order! I don't have them at
hand, and don't remember everything I've bought over the past 15 years. One would
certainly be the aforementioned book on steam locomotives (don't remember the
title, but was only available as a $50 hardback; it was written by an engineer -
design, not engine driver - around 1894). It gave lots of information on SOTA in
steam power. Top of the list would be "Procedures In Experimental Physics" (by
Strong?). It details techniques such as polishing optics, building test and
measurement systems, vacuum work (a favorite); stuff that is now handled by
throwing big bux at off-the-shelf systems. Most of Lindsay's books have that sort
of value - how to do it yourself, from the days when that was the only way to get
it done.

Others:
A book on Neon Processing
South Bend Lathe book
Old (1920s) radios

They have several other good books that I've not ordered because I already own
original copies.

What is "good" depends more on *your* interests. If the topic interests you, try
the book. They're cheap (usually) and Lindsay even accepts returns.

Joe

(or are you fishing for people who admit to having bought books on explosives and
such, so HS can root out the "turrists" and "evildoerssssssssss"?)

jon_banquer wrote:

Joe wrote:

I've probably bought 15 - 20 of Lindsay's books (including the somewhat
pricey hardcover steam locomotives volume), and will buy more in the future,
if only that curmudgeon would quit dropping me from his mailing list after a
couple years of inactivity!

Joe

How about five books that are your favorites and why they are your
favorites.

jon