Stan Horwitz

In article . net,
"Skip Elliott Bowman" wrote:

In article ,
Kevin Spencer wrote:

I wanted to get some opinions about my behavior. I recently
moved into a house (I'm house-sitting for a few years) and
I have never had my own driveway before this move. I find
myself always backing into the driveway now when I park, so when
it's time for me to go anywhere, I can pull out forward, and
I won't have to worry about backing into a small child or
another vehicle.

I have noticed that most others always pull forward into their
driveways, in fact one neighbor did actually ask me if
I "was planning to go to a fire" .... in a friendly way.
Does anyone else back in to the driveway .... or am I
unusual?

No problem here. I can back a car, a van, a truck, or a 25' trailer into
virtually any garage, as long as it would fit in there once parked. In
fact, all other things being equal I prefer to back in. Power mirrors make
it a lot easier but it can be done regardless.

For some reason, some parking lots have signs that state "Front-In Parking
Only". I have no idea what's up with that.

Yeh, now that you mention it. I have seen those signs too, but only in a
few parking garages in New York City. I wonder what the point is of
that. One other benefit to parking with the front facing out is that if
your car battery dies, its a lot easier to get a jump start because you
will need shorter jumper cables. Its also easier to get a tow if your
car won't start at all if the front is facing out. I do park face in
sometimes, mainly if I am in a big hurry, but that's unusual for me.