Pete C

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 00:25:26 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 22:16:16 +0100, Pete C
wrote:

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 02:05:25 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

That doesn't stop people owning pointlessly large uneconomical cars
for status reasons and/or some irrational belief about safety. Eg my
father has a 2.7 V6 that does 25mpg.

But that's their choice. They pay for it by virtue of higher car and
fuel taxes and costs.

Do you drive a big thirsty car?

yes, a Hummer with remote controlled missile launcher targetted on
meddlesome whiners.

Who said...

Negative control again. The correct way os to encourage people to
use alternative routes by building appropriate capacity through ways
and bypasses.

and...

The costs aren't fixed. We have among the highest tax rates on fuel
in the world.

Sounds a little like /self interested/ whining to me...!

Isn't global warming like meddling with the planet and it's climate on
a fairly big scale?

cheers,
Pete.