tekman

Well Mike,
looks you have got it. Looks like chlorine components. As I can see Jim
Yanik has given the information too.
May be in your case simply rinsing and brushing with warm (100 F) clear
water would help. But I recommend you use calgonite (Jims proposal) or
at least boil the water half an hour (minimum) to get rid of the
chlorine -- as far as I can remember my holidays in Amerika, all
drinkwater is heavily desinfected with chlorine. If you have a local
highschool, just contact the chmeistry teachers. They should have/be
able to advise too.

Don't worry about the dishwater and your spouse. simply give her your
creditcard and send her for shopping. This will take her an houer, and
that's enough time for the rinse of the boards.

nice collection you have started. May be you are interested to look at
the vitual Tektronix museums, par ex. :

www.amplifier.cd (my NOS 7104 and 7904A are pictured , smile)
http://www.helo.de/helo/museum/museum.htm
http://www.tekscope-museum.de

just to name a few.

I personaly prefer use the 2215/2235. Lightweight, reliable, robust.
And if I need more bandwith, a couple 2465/A/B are all handy. After 25
years of scope collection, my wife doesn't groan when I use the
dishwasher ;-))

ciao,
Andreas