George E. Cawthon

I just replaced the screen on my office window. This time of year I
can not be online without the window open (I refuse to pay the
electric for an AC). Anyhow, the old screen had a small hole and tiny
flying bugs were getting in. I bought that plastic screen which
seemed to have the smallest holes. These damn bugs are still getting
in. They fly in my face and are totally irritating. I even put duct
tape around the edge of the screen frame where it meets the window
frame, which seemed to fit tight anyhow, but I am desprate. How in
the hell does one keep them out of the house? This is really starting
to **** me off. (They are very small flys or gnats, or something).

Mark

You are not going to get those gnats through a
regular screen if it is tight in the frame. Most
likely the gnats are hatching inside the house.
We have a similar problem with gnats. They hatch
in potted plant soil, they hide in the window
slides. However, there is no evidence that they
come in from outside, except in the soil of potted
plants.

If you are sure that the screens are tight, the
vacuum everything and either spray the plants with
a bug killer or get rid of them. If by chance,
you don't have any potted plants, then the bugs
may be getting in on pets or humans.