T i m

On 14 Jul 2005 18:50:24 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

Fair enough Hugh.

Apologies for the tone. I'm hot. It makes me irritable.

No probs fella .. ;-)

If they opened a Clay
Shooting ground in the field at the back of your house you might mind
what other folk are doing (legally) every other Sunday?

As it happens, no. I'd be out there trying to improve my (risible) sporting
percentages. )

We (Wife daughter and I) have shot 'off the beaten track' at Hockley
Hall, Stumps Cross, Trenders Wood (I think they are called, Essex
mainly) and done quite a few rounds of Skeet / Trap at USAF
Mildenhall. Also took a squad to the West London shooting ground
against a few Police squads .. saw Richard Faulds in action (98 ex
100)!

You do actually have a point. A local farmer decided to allow dirt bikes
on one of his fields. Our Sundays were ruined by angry wasp noises from
a couple of km away. Fortunately for us, he had failed to obtain either
planning or environmental permissions, and we had it stopped.

Spoil sport! But as you said 'not legal' so ... good job they can't
get the 28 day thing like shooting grounds can (or can they) ;-(

Well, 'size' can mean dimensions and perceived? If it feels bigger to
(say) an inexperienced driver

Why should I drive (or indeed, do anything) as if everyone around me is
a beginner? That's *their* problem, not mine.

I think you misunderstood Huge, I was saying these drivers were
lacking in confidence and get in the way of all of us?

I hope to God you are never in that situation Hugh, where the size of
your vehicle may have played a part in a RTA fatality.

I *really* don't GAS. Honestly. I've been t-boned by some arsewipe who
didn't realise that brakes don't work in 4" of snow, who then tried to
claim it was my fault. I didn't care then, and I don't expect to care
in the future, either.

You can't go through life worrying about the effect your decisions have on
other people. Not unless you want to be *seriously* neurotic.

Not worrying no, but being concerned maybe? Everything has a cause and
effect .. you play your music loud so your neighbour turns theirs up
louder ..?

Erm, I have no power nor intention to impose any rules Hugh .. it was
just an 'in an ideal world' *thought* (therefore mine).

There's no such thing.

That's a fact! But we try to make our own worlds as ideal as possible
don't we and we can't always do that by riding roughshod over everyone
else (not suggesting you do that btw) ;-)

Maybe when no
vehicles pollute (or we find a way of cleaning the air), when we can
produce all our own fuel and live in a country with loads of space or
no congestion anywhere, we can all drive (real) lorries 'if WE want
to' ..?

There you go again, you see. Making assumptions about my life -

I did? I think I used the Royal 'we' ?

I drive
a Disco for several reasons - I live about half a mile from the nearest
tarmacced road, I tow a race car and we like to take holidays in *very*
out of the way places in Western Scotland. But why should I justify my
choice of vehicle to anyone?

I didn't expect you to and wasn't asking you to Huge? But now you have
mentioned it your application of vehicle probably does match your need
(that wasn't a judgement just my reflection before you go off on
one!). This whole thing stems from the inapropriete use angle and what
right some folk have re squandering OUR resources. No one was saying
to do so was illegal, just to some it could be seen as avoidable (in a
large number of cases). But it must be difficult being a 4X4 ownder
sometimes, being hounded by the anti brigade like the anti smokers did
(and the smokers, backed into a corner would often bite anyone who
came near) ;-)?

And while on the subject, there you are, back of beyond and all setup
and looking forward to a nice quiet couple of days (and yes I am
presuming here as that's generally why folk go to 'out of the way
placesg) and the one and only other van parked near you srarts up
their genny? (don't tell me, you use one all the time yourself!) weg

The problem is that all this stuff percolates upwards. This country
is full of people who want to stop other people doing what they
want, and it makes me *very* angry...

Oh agreed, like when 250,000 legal gun users, gunsmiths, coaches, our
olympic team(?) had to hand in their pistols (not me, not my thing but
I witnessed some of it). Now, the misinformed general public probably
sleep better in their beds because of it .. but gun crime is on the
up? Now even I (a shooter) had to accept that removing however many
thousand guns from potential access from the wrong type was probably a
good thing .. but the percentage risk was very very small (and yer
criminal get's them elsewhere anyway)? ;-(

I don't think you would find the majority of people GAS what you (or
any of us) do Hugh, or not untill it affects them or something they
care about anyway? ;-)

All the best (seriously)

Oh, absolutely.

Good, lets hope it cools down soon eh ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. Like when the council fit a new speed hump and over the first few
weeks you get the interesting collection of front spoilers and bits of
body kit left behind. Most of us don't care but I bet they are a few
that are pi**ed! ;-)