Dave Balderstone

In article ,
wrote:

My wife works for a large grocery chain here in SoCal. The store
manager's bonus at the end of the year is dependent on the profits of
the store (i.e. the total sales versus the total payroll). If you get a
store manager who cares more about his bonus than the satisfaction of
the customer, you will find the store consistently understaffed.
Especially when he is not there to take the flak from disgruntled
customers.

A friend used to be with the Wegman's supermarket in NY state.
Employees were (are) shareholders.

I had a couple of tours, and it's a hellluvan operation. Most
impressive.

One site: http://www.balderstone.ca
The other site, with ww linkshttp://www.woodenwabbits.com