D Steck

"D Steck" wrote in message
news
Looks like there might be some oak available if you want to cut it into
boards.

I hate to see old trees cut down but what's worse is to cut them down and
turn them into firewood.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...3?OpenDocument

WOW! You all took that about 16 different directions!!! Here I was
thinking about the wood and we went down the path of the newspaper. What I
should have mentioned is that the St. Louis Post Dispatch is considered a
very liberal rag for a fairly conservative town. There was a paper years
ago - The Globe Democrat that was conservative but after numerous attempts
to reformat the paper, it went under. I sure to miss that paper - it kept
the Post Dispatch in check. They are most certainly anti-church and
anti-war.