Leon

"Renata" wrote in message
Looking for alternatives to raised panel doors and got to thinking.
If I would use just a plain (but cherry) ply slab could find a design
to overlay or otherwise enhance the simple slab, that might be one way
to go.

Some kind of neat handles is another alternative.

That said, anyone have any ideas or urls to share that would give me
some ideas.

(Yes, I'm going to do my own google search, but ya never know what
additiona gems you guys'll come up with).

Thanx
Renata

A cheapy way is to cut a 1/16" x 1/16" rabbet around the perimeter of the
plywood slab and then glue hard wood rails and stiles around the perimeter.
This adds a decorative small grooved detail between the hard wood and the
panel and also hides the joint.