Mike

Bob Threlkeld wrote:
I have two beautiful pieces of burl that have been coated with either
Anchorseal or paraffin. I'l like to keep the rough exterior natural,
but want to remove the coating and then oil it, without turning the
coat off. Any ideas on how to do that?

I was once advised that one of the best ways was to go to the local DIY Car
Wash. Hose off the Anchorseal with hipressure, hot, soapy water. You'll only
be wetting the surface (unless you let the pieces sit in the puddle for hours.

No I haven't tried it, but the idea sounds reasonable. Anchorseas is a Water
Based sealer.

mike