Abrasha

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Hmmm.... it doesn't appear to have been a TOO permanent display, since it
doesn't appear in the searchable index of the museum. Any clues?

I didn't say in my introduction to the project, that it was on permanent
display, I said it is in the permanent collection of the Oakland Museum.
Besides, the searchable index of the museum is only of current and
archived exhibitions, not the permanent collection.

As far as I know, the bracelet is on display. It is in the Decorative
Arts department.

It is not uncommon though for museums to remove items of the permanent
collection from display. The collections are just too large to display
everything.

For instance, I have a Menorah in the Renwick Gallery of the
Smithsonian. It was on display as long as the curator who bought is for
the museum was in charge. I am almost certain, that his successor
removed it from display, as well as many of the other pieces that he had
brought in, so he could make room for the items that he has acquired for
the museum. That's usually how it goes.

Where does all that stuff go? Think of the last scene of the movie
"Raiders of the lost Ark."

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com