Just Me

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
Just Me wrote:

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
news:ZPSdnVQDKp17lkrfRVn-

P.S. Here in Taxachusetts the dentists have to rig the spit sinks at each
of their chairs with filtration systems to trap whatever solids their
patients expectorate, to keep mercury from drilled out amalgam fillings
from ending up in the sewage. Seems a bit of a stretch to me though. It
was probably lobbied for like Hell by the sellers of those filters.

Spit sink!?!? I thought those went the way of the dinosaur. Haven't seen
one of those in a dentists office for a long time, 20+ years or more.

Lane

Maybe I'm calling it by the wrong name, but it's that bowl shaped thing on
the left side of the chair that you pour out the contents of your mouth
into after the busty dental assistant hands you a paper cup of water and
says, "Rinse".

Course I've been going to the same dentist for about 35 years and nothing
much has changed about his setup save for the addition of UV light sources
to cure the "epoxy" filling materials that seem to be replacing over the
amalgams. But, he was the one who bitched to me about having to pay for
the newfangled filtering system.

Jeff

Oh yes Jeff, I know of which you speak. I remember using them once upon a
time. Your dentist is obviously very old school and not willing to update
the equipment. Now they simply squirt some water in your mouth and put the
suction tube in to suck it out. No more leaning over and spitting. When
drilling etc they are always rinsing and sucking. The gunk doesn't have a
chance to build up.

I went to another dentist once because my regular was on vacation, he had
the same setup. Next time you go to your dentist you might quiz him as to
why he continues to use it. Does your dentist use the rubber dams?

Lane