Greg Menke

Dave Hinz writes:

On 14 Jul 2005 15:35:18 -0400, Greg Menke wrote:
Dave Hinz writes:

On 14 Jul 2005 10:47:11 -0700, jim rozen wrote:
In article , Dave Hinz says...

And yet, the US hasn't been attacked again, certainly not with AQ and
SH's WMDs, so that which was a real risk has been prevented.

So Dave, I guess I can be expecting *your* contribution to the
'prevent the peekskill elephant attack' funds then.

No, we went over this already. There have never, presumably, been
elephant rampages in Peekskill, yes? And yet, SH has unquestionably
both owned, and used, WMDs. And AQ has, unquestionably, attacked the US
on US soil.

The problem is there was no link between Iraq and AQ before we invaded.

HE NEVER SAID THERE WAS!!! He said "AQ doesn't like us. SH doesn't
like us. Since Iraq is the easier of the two to locate, being a country
and all, I'm going to stop the two of them from getting together by
stopping the potential flow of WMDs there."

Dude, Iraq was #2 on the Axis Of Evil right after Afganistan- WMD's
ready to launch at the US in 45 minutes!

BUT THERE WERE NO WMD'S! And where the h3ll was he going to get them?
He could barely operate his Scuds!

You supporters of Dubya get 2 choices; either he's a liar or he's the
biggest fool to walk the face of the Earth. Choose one- or both.

SH wasn't a threat to anyone but his own people- and hasn't been since
Gulf War 1.

Tell that to his own people.

There was a far greater link between AQ and Saudi Arabia-
shouldn't we have invaded them instead?

I dunno, has SA used WMD on their own people, and stonewalled the
weapons inspectors for years?

WTFC? A contained psychopath is one thats not causing trouble to
everyone else beyond his limited reach. His luck was due to run out
sooner or later. Intervention in his eventual downfall leads to exactly
what we have now; a bloody mess.

The cultural and philosophical basis of AQ is in large part funded and
developed in Saudi Arabia. I'd say thats the place to pursue the roots
of global terrorism, not in unrelated countries like Iraq- though we've
created and bought that kettle of fish at this point. No doubt once
we're out of Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Syria will still be there to deal
with.

Gregm