Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message
In message , writes
Mary Fisher wrote:

I wouldn't choose to eat weevils (irrational) which is why I sift old
flour,
float them out of lentils and pick them from pasta. But my eyes aren't
what
they were and sometimes I just get bored. I doubt that anyone would be
able
to differentiate between the odd cooked weevil and the black pepper
grounds
in the dish.

When we lived in the Middle East weevils in the flour were just a fact
of life. Like you we tended to get bored with sieving them out after
a while.

Similarly we fished out anything that floated when we boiled the rice
but anything that sank just got included in the meal.

Such as stones

removed half of one of my molars from a stone in some nasi goreng in
Indonesia

It must have been a bit dodgy to start with then :-)

Mary
--
geoff