why would anyone pay close to $125 to repair a set that can be bought
new for around $100 by the way rca and ge are now owned by the chinese
goverment and they are sticking the rca-ge names on even cheaper made
sets and flooding the market with them I saw a 27" rca flat screen at
wal- mart for $167

Because sometimes repair is the right way to do it. The older TV set
might be a nicer one or a more robust design. Especially in this
newsgroup most people know or learn how to perform their own repairs,
so the cost will be nowhere near 125 dollars.

By the way, I thought RCA an GE were still owned by the French?

---
Met vriendelijke groet,

Maarten Bakker.