geoff

Default Some good news and some bad news

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message in6tc.591$Uy1.46@newsfe1-win, Jeremy Collins
writes
Michael Mcneil wrote:

There was a fire in a warehouse that destroyed hundreds of examples of
the finest modern British art.
And the bad news is that it was all insured. Charles Saatchi can
afford
to go and get the ******s to produce more.

I've got an old Millets tent in the loft, anyone got
a rotten old shed? Perhaps we can set up a donation
for the poor fella.

Fellerette you mean? ... Tracey Emim

You realise you might have to have sex with that awful woman to try and
recreate the original

Do you know her? Do you know that she's an awful woman?

And you're wrong anyway, it was all the people she's slept with, including
her twin brother, in the womb, her mother, her friends - not just her
lovers.

The comments I've read so far say more about the commentators than about the
art.

I reserve the right to dislike her and to question to what extent it's
art.

it's concept over substance.

My test to measure the artistic quality is to ask myself whether if I
had produced the same, would I have received the same adulation / money
?
The answer being a resounding "no", I conclude that it's the artist, not
the art which is important. It seems a huge scam to me.
--
geoff