Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Lee Michaels wrote:

"Robert Bonomi" wrote in message
In article ,
Lee Michaels wrote:
I don't spend any time reading spam. But in the little time it takes me to
delete the crap, I can often spot grammar errors in just the first
sentence
or two. English is obviously not their first language.

Actually, many of the grammar/spelling errors are _deliberate_. So that
the 'erroneous' construct will not match the patterns used by tools that
block traffic based on the 'correct' words/phrases.

While we are on this topic, any recommendations for a spam filter? I have
been using spam sleuth up till last week when it mysteriously stopped
working. I have been unable to raise any kind of help from the company
either.

Answers for that depend on the platform. And whether you have control of
the mailserver, or can only do 'filtering' when you read your inbox.

Good freeware tools include "MIMEdefang", and Spamassassin". You may hae
to rummage for a while to find an implementation varient that fits your
platform and method of use.

Google is your friend.