Robert Bonomi

In article .com,
wrote:
I just finished looking at the plans to build Jake's Chair. The
dimensions were given in decimal form. There were several decimals
though that I didn't recognize such as .9 and .6. How are these
measurements figured?

"Badly". grin

You can get strange things like that if the original was in metric units,
with a 'clueless' conversion to ft/inches.

And, of course, there _are_ rulers marked in decimal fractions of an inch.
Relatively uncommon, but they *do* exist.

If somebody uses 1 decimal place for things in "1/8ths", you typically
get decimal parts of: .0 .1 .2 .4 .5 .6 .8 (sometimes .7) and .9

What you're actually dealing with is anybody's guess.