Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"spaco" wrote in message
A 6 foot bush hog will take about 40 to 60 hp to run. That lets "cheap"
tractors out for the most part. I have heard of people using Ford 8N's to
run a bush hog but with no live power and the bad brakes that many of them
have, you can push yourself right through the barn from the flywheel
effect. (I have one)

So?? Get an overrunning clutch for the PTO shaft. They only cost about
$40, and positively prevent that dangerous activity. I had one for 12
years. Never got pushed anywhere. My neighbor had one, too, and didn't get
the clutch. Drove right through his pump house the second time out G.

And bad brakes are intended to be fixed. You can't do tight headland turns
without brakes.

LLoyd