John Emmons

They have a "spoof" team that allegedly checks into each and every one of
those "your account may have been compromised" type of scams. Send any
suspect emails to them. Can't hurt I suppose.

I don't see how they can really do all that much, they can't control every
ISP in the world. Unless and until the ISP's figure out some way to go after
their users for attempted fraud, I don't see any real solutions. It's
already against the law so more laws won't solve it. Perhaps life
imprisonment for internet fraud would do the trick.

I've had some fun with some of the con artists by stringing them along but
all that does is show them where they made their mistakes. Their was at
least one fairly well know account of a guy who scammed one of the scammers
pretty well and I remember reading an account by a news reporter where he
tried to turn the tables on one of the "Nigerian" scam artists and then get
the guy to talk to him about it for the story.

There was also a piece on NPR about actions being taken by Nigerian
officials to try and stop the scams coming out of their country, during the
report one of the officials got a scam email...

John Emmons
"Charlie Self" wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't do much with ebay, buying or selling, and I don't have any kind
of monetary account with them.

Every week, I'd guess I average 60 scams about my PayPal or Ebay
accounts being screwed up. I don't have accounts with either, of
course.

It is relentless, and, for whatever reason, AOL's spam filters don't
catch them.

I'm basically just curious as to whether or not ebay itself has any
kind of active program against this sort of activity. It sure isn't
effective, if they do.