Edwin Pawlowski

"All in One Service and Repair" wrote in message

Generaly, when you leave the fan switch on, on. it is not in cooling mode,
it is in fan mode. I may be wrong but i thing he may have ment run the A/C
24-7, in other words, set it at a decent temp. and leve it be. dont cut it
on when it is to hot, by that time it has to work twice as hard to catch
up.

That was not my interpretation at all. Some furnaces have a switch that
allows you to run the fan even if the thermostat does not call for heat or
cooling. It is separate, mounted on the blower, not the one on the
thermostat. That may be the situation here. I've seen systems designed to
have constant running blowers for just that reason, to distribute the air
and keep the temperature more constant. Some drop to a lower speed setting.