Edwin Pawlowski

"Robert11" wrote in message

For a variety of reasons, it seems that it would be a lot easier for me to
tap into
the spritzer hose line to feed the filter.

This would necessitate turning on the regular cold water faucet, and then
depress the on-off handle on the new
spigot that would be replacing the spritzer hose (would go in the same
hole).

Is this a viable way of doing it ?

Any caveats, other than the fact that the normal cold water valve would
also have to be
turned on to use ?

Any thoughts on doing it this way ?

It could work, but IMO, it would be a PITA over time. Filling a big pot for
iced tea would be time consuming but taking a cup of water for tea is not a
big deal.

Any other way to place the filter? Even though it is called an "under
sink", it does not have to go under the sink. In my house, the cold water
pipe is exposed on the ceiling of the utility area below it. I cut and
tapped in there. The filter is mounted on the floor joist for the kitchen.

My thoughts a
My diverter valve is not working properly. Since we rarely use it, I'm not
going to take a lot of time to fix it. If it was the source of my drinking
water, I'd have to.

I installed the filter 20 years ago. The extra time it took back then is
long forgotten in the convenience and being able to drink good tasting
water.