Rick

"tomco2000" wrote in message

My single oven went out and the wife wants a double oven with one
conventional and one convection oven. The current oven is on a
dedicated circuit with #10 wire and a 30 amp breaker. There is no
practial way to change the existing wiring.

The oven web site says the double oven needs to have #8 wire and a

40
amp breaker. The maximum load stated is 8000 W. I have been told

(by
amateur electricians) that unless I have both ovens on at the same

time
on high heat, I could run the ovens with no problems with the

existing
wire and breaker. They believe there is a big enough cushion built

in
to allow this operation.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Might work, but what are the conditions that make changing the wire
impractical? You would be surprised at what an experienced electrician
can do...