Bob Eager

Default Replace bearings in Hotpoint WM64 washing machine

On Wed, 26 May 2004 17:32:41 UTC, "Technical I.T. Ltd"
wrote:

Lastly (promise), I've got some 20/50 and I've oiled the inside of the drum
and inner drum shaft (hopefully trying to avoid doing this in 2 years time
again). Should I soak the NEW bearings in oil overnight or are they "ready
to go" ?

The directions I got said to soak the spider shaft (what you call the
inner drum shaft) in oil where it contacts the inner race of the bearing
(you ARE using a new shaft, aren't you?). And I also assume you have a
new seal for the front?

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!