Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Jim Michaels wrote:
I didn't think your regs allow 240V outlets for portable appliances?

Sure, In residential use the intended devise must draw over 1440W, in
other situations there are no restrictions.
We can even put them in bathrooms!

But then will require two sizes of sockets? We used to have that 50 years
ago. ;-) Now the only required is a different one for things like table
lights plugged into a lighting dimmer circuit where you'd want to avoid
damaging the dimmer by plugging in a Hoover, etc.

--
*Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.