Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , Mogweed
wrote:

Mary, you're obviously some sort of tree-hugging, green, eco-warrior type of
person who doesn't like to kill any living thing

Wow, I'm sure she will be interested to hear that!

and that's fair enough but
you have to understand that some people are uncomfortable around bugs and
some people are just plain frightened.

In a short phrase, Tuff Titty. Someones irrational fears never ever justify
killing. Learn to live in harmony or move to a plastic bubble.

When I was 8 years old (now 47) I was unfortunate enough to somehow get an
earwig in my ear whilst I slept. You cannot imagine how terrified I was to
have this live thing "eating into my head" as I thought, and I was literally
screaming the place down while my parents efforts to calm me down and get
said offending insect out of my ear did little to placate me.

The sort of incident that many have experienced.

Consequently, I have been left with an absolute and abject terror of
anything that creeps, crawls, slithers and is even remotely insect-like. I'm
an 18-stone, 6ft male but I would rather move out of my house than share it
with just one beetle, no matter how nice or unharmful you seem to think
these creatures are, or how irrational you'll think my fear is. I'm afraid
that, for me at least, it's a matter of getting them before they get me and
a little more understanding on your part may not go amiss.

So what are you going to do? Sit there with all the chemicals known to Man
and kill anything that waves an antenna at you? A little growing up on your
part is called for I think. You are not God, you have no right to take life,
regardless of your wussy tendencies.

--
AJL