Lurch

Default Replace bearings in Hotpoint WM64 washing machine

On Wed, 26 May 2004 18:32:41 +0100, "Technical I.T. Ltd"
strung together this:

It did it, long reach socket (spark plug type). After about 10 hits the
inner ring flew clean across the kitchen !!! It really is strange how the
right tool and that. Spent over an hour with a screwdriver and hammer ...

Ingenuity, that's all it takes!

Assuming your keyboard hasnt had spillage of
some kind (tea/coffee),

And anything else that's likely to be in it, ISTR one of the kids
wanging iit out of the front door in a muddy puddle, but I've got that
many keyboards I couldn't remember if it was this one, I'm beginning
to think it is!I'm beginning to think it is! Unfortunately it's the
only one with a PS2 plug and I can't find any adaptors!

chuck it, after all a bog
standard keyboard can set you back a Pavaroti these days.

Yep, I''ve got a few nice keyboards but they're all in Sheffield, I'll
have to pick one up next time I'm passing!

Lastly (promise), I've got some 20/50 and I've oiled the inside of the drum
and inner drum shaft (hopefully trying to avoid doing this in 2 years time
again). Should I soak the NEW bearings in oil overnight or are they "ready
to go" ?

Nope, I wouldn't oil any of the bearings as the whole point of them is
that the inner part of the bearings spin and the outer parts don't!
Oil doesn't help with the staying of the outer bit of the plan.
Oiling the shaft isn't always a good idea as it can end up in the
wash, now you know how to do it it won't take you long next time!
And another thing, if you stop overloading the drum it will last a lot
longer than 2-3 years!
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd