TheScullster

Tim

I suppose you would have to support the ceilings and slide it across.

Yes, with one wall being external, the idea is to cut a hole and thread the
beam through from the outside.
This is a method suggested by my builder and other group members.

You really must get some proper advice before embarking on this project.

I was hoping to size the beam myself and run the ideas past the building
control structural engineer.
I have a HNC in civil/structural engineering, but as my questions make
clear, there is no practical experience to support this.

Whilst I am trying to DIY as far as possible, maybe it's time to pay.

Thanks for your input on this, Tim

Regards

Phil