On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:39:25 -0700, "AAvK" wrote:

if you are unable to find the bits you want in a brad point, consider
getting them in regular 'ol point and learn to grind a brad point.
it's not as hard as you might think...

Thanks, I know that can be done but extra long regular bits are a little less
cost than brad points, especially in HSS, so there isn't much "point" (lol).
Also, I don't use an electric grinder, know of the tutorial website?

here's some basic info on drill bit sharpening:
http://www.woodcraft.com/articles.aspx?articleid=267
http://yarchive.net/metal/drill_grinding.html
http://yarchive.net/metal/straight_hole_wood.html

the difference will be obvious once you get into it- but you will need
a grinder to work with the high speed steel. what you will need is
either a narrow grinding wheel or a metal cutoff disk.

are these long enough?
http://www.mcfeelys.com/subcat.asp?subcat=2.2.1
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx...2&FamilyID=773