Glenn Gundlach

John - KD5YI wrote:
Don wrote:
From what I have read, RGB video cables are 75 ohm impedance. However, I
have never seen a recommendation for the RG number (or other qualifier). I
am looking for a good quality cable as we want to go about 15ft with the
signal. (Moving a monitor from one part of our lab to another.)

Any suggestions, recommendations, links to FAQs, etc, etc will be greatly
appreciated!!

Thanks!

Don

RG59. Belden 1426A has 8.5 dB/100ft loss at 1 GHz.

Alternately, RG6. Belden 1694A is 5.9 dB/100 ft at 1 GHz.

If you can't find those, just pick up any old RG59 at Radio Shack or Fry's
and try it.

Good luck.

John

Check out
http://www.belden.com/
We use 1505 at work for component serial digital video 270 Mbit rate
and for short runs of 1.5Gbit (HDTV) and plain old analog video. 1505
is 7.6dB/100 ft at 1GHz. We get it for $180/1000 ft and Kings BNCs for
$1.45 each. For the longer runs its 1694. I use 1694 at home for off
air HDTV antenna lead. It was the lowest loss RG-6 size I found.

GG
Always make NEW mistakes.