Richard W.

He said he wanted to run a tiller. So if you are looking at the 8N then you
have to hunt for one with a tiller gear. (I think it's often refereed to as
a "Howard gear".)

Richard W.

"Don Young" wrote in message
Lots of good advice in the other posts. No doubt the Ford 8N is one of the
easiest and cheapest tractors to repair. One thing I do not like about it

is
that the hydraulic lift will will not work unless the PTO is turning. This
makes it necessary to disconnect the PTO to raise the bushhog or tiller if
they get jammed. Still probably the most popular tractor in it's size

range.
Don Young

wrote in message
oups.com...
What is a good cheap older tractor I should look for to run a small
tiller of about 40 inches and maybe a 6 foot or so buch hog? Somehting
easy to work on too.