DoN. Nichols

In article . com,
jon_banquer wrote:
I recently purchased this book (still waiting for it to arrive)

http://www.lindsaybks.com/bks3/armature/

I was wondering if others have purchased Lindsay books on other
subjects

Yes.

(which subject(s) ?)

Too many to try to list. Most were purchased at places like
Cabin Fever/Iron Fever, spur of the moment purchases.

and if they found them to be worthwhile
and why ?

They document a lot of things which would be otherwise lost.

Note that Lindsay does not *write* the books, and most of them
(other than the Gingery series on building a machine shop from junk) are
reprints of things long out of print and out of copyright. However,
these old books are an excellent match for the machine tools and
techniques which hobbists use most of the time, so they are an excellent
match. I actually have *original* copies of some of the books which he
reprints, so I have not bought the reprints. Not everybody can find the
old books, and the Linsay reprints tend to be more affordable than the
pricing for old books from old book sellers.

http://www.lindsaybks.com/HomePage.html

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564