DoN. Nichols

In article ,
PrecisionMachinisT wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

[ ... ]

Ive got another one for sale as well. Might be a bit cleaner, and more
complete

http://home.lightspeed.net/~gunner/annex/BONIC1.jpg
http://home.lightspeed.net/~gunner/annex/BONIC2.jpg

Located in Santa Ana California. I own it, have it in storage, but
would like to sell it.

Gunner,

Wondering what is the maximum blade dia that will fit in the arbor with the
overarm in place on these.

I believe that a 6" blade can be fitted. I've got one, but have
not yet tried to install it, for lack of a real need for it at the
moment.

Also, how much stroke in the _Y_ axis

I'm not actually sure. The X-axis is a 10" maximum stroke,
though limited to about 4" with the lever feed and the standard pinion
gear. At a guess, the Y-axis stroke would be around 4 inches, though
you can position the cut through a wider range by choice and positioning
of spacers on the arbor.

and do you suppose could a person
concievably fit say 1/4thick x 4in wide x 12 ft long aluminum rectangular
barstock in parallel to the arbor and use this machine to cut said 12 ft
bars in half (or into smaller pieces) by stroking the head up and down ?

Certainly not in half, as the machine column (and things mounted
onto it) would block the travel. Smaller pieces are possible, however
after checking how much you can stick the workpiece past the table edge
before you hit something. On mine, the first thing that you would hit
would be the drum switch, which is mounted below the moving head. At a
guess, you might be able to get as much as a foot (if you relocate the
drum switch), but you are unlikely to get more than that. By the time
you get to two feet, you will have the workpiece hit the spindle pulley,
I suspect. And even with the old machines with swappable pulleys, you
would need the larger pulley on the spindle side of the pair to get a
slow enough speed for a 6" blade.

Best to measure the machine which you are considering buying
before committing to it.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564