RAM^3

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
I use Dremel tools mostly on electronic stuff - making holes in plastic,
stuff like that. For anything metal I use carbide burrs in a die grinder.
I'm not sure when I'd use a nice Foredom unit if I had one.

GWE

Most of the time I'm working on small stuff - knives, small parts, etc. -
and reserve the die grinder for "bigger" things and "bigger" jobs such as
roughing out a blade shape, knocking rust off larger surfaces, etc., that
either the Dremels are unsuited for or too weak for.

Since the prices have come down considerably, I tend to prefer diamond burrs
over carbides, especially when working with hardened/tempered steel.

Here's some you might like to "play" with:

http://www.homier.com/detail.asp?dpt=&cat=&sku=04581
http://www.homier.com/detail.asp?dpt=&cat=&sku=04600
http://www.homier.com/detail.asp?dpt=&cat=&sku=04606

another "sometimes useful" item is
http://www.homier.com/detail.asp?dpt=&cat=&sku=04586.

The surprising thing about these is how well they've held up. G