DTJ

On 13 Jul 2005 13:46:19 -0700, Banty wrote:

I have noticed that most others always pull forward into their
driveways, in fact one neighbor did actually ask me if I
"was planning to go to a fire" .... in a friendly way.
Does anyone else back in to the driveway .... or am I
unusual?

It's unusual. In fact, it's something I only did when I was part of an on-pager
emergency crew, so what your neighbor said is what would occur to me.

No it is not unusual at all. And what the **** does it matter why he
does it, you can do it your way, he can do it his.

So, let me ask you - ya pays now or ya pays later, right? Either way, there's a
possibility of backing into something.. when backing in, or backing out! So why
do you prefer to do the manuever backing in??

Gee, maybe because you can pull up and eyeball the driveway before
backing, and thus have a far lower chance of running over something.

For one thing, you can wait in your driveway for the traffic to clear before

Could be days.

backing out. If you back *in*, there's the change the guy behind you will have
to wait, or you'll need to pull over to let him past, then do the back-in

**** him, let him learn to drive.

maneuver. For another thing, backing out into the street takes a little less
care than lining up to back into most driveways, since driveways are narrower
than streets.

Only for those who shouldn't be driving anyhow.