Mary Fisher

"Owain" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
I've never, ever seen a black beetle in our food stores. We get mites in
older starchy stuff, they're easy to sieve out.

I meant weevils, not mites.

They're edible though aren't they - if cooked?

Well I'm sure we've eaten them and we're still here - sorry and all that!

Beetles probably would be too crunchy for most tastes

Owain
who's just watched[1] Heston Blumenthal[2] make Snail Porridge[3]

[1] partaken of a televisual entertainment

I guessed - I'm getting good!

[2] by some accounts, the best chef in Britain

I've heard of him. See - I even know it's a he!

[3] like I'm going to be able to walk into Tesco tomorrow and ask for
two pints of snail stock with any expectation they'll have any

Make your own. I'd offer you our snails but the hens use them as conversion
currency.

Mary