raden

In message , PC Paul
writes
"Lobster" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
All has been pretty good until recently when I have started renovating a
room directly above a bedroom of the guy who lives below me. He tends to
get up early 6-7am whereas I typically don't. As such we've clashed
recently with him complaining about me banging around at about 10pm. I
try and get the noisy jobs done before 10pm or leave it to the weekend if
its going to be really noisy (such as major drilling or hammering).

Personally I think 10pm is way too late for noisy DIY, especially if it's
going on over a long period; I'm not surprised the guy's complained. I'd
have thought 7-8pm was a more realistic cutoff time.

Seconded - explain what you're doing and agree a time to stop. Maybe he
could tell you when he's going to be out/away for a night so you know to
plan a long session?

At least he's not as bad as a bloke I saw leaning out of his window mid
Sunday afternoon shouting at somebody mowing their lawn that "I'm on bloody
night shifts I need my sleep".

I know it's hard on nights but you really can't expect silence at 2pm on a
weekend!....

You can when it's you who needs the sleep

What seems to be lacking is a bit of communication

--
geoff