ANDY WIERSMA

As a contractor I can tell you Home Depot and Lowe's are by far the last
place I "choose" to shop. This problem with the replacements is typical.
In my case I now just buy 1" rigid steel pipe and drill holes in them. I am
a contractor superintendent and use one on a regular basis and just really
learned this trick from others thru the years.
As far as wood you can get som hickory or red oak and round the handles with
a lathe or something, but that is alot more expensive and time consuming.

Hope It helps,
Andy W.
Superintendent
TLC Diversified

"Ken Moiarty" wrote in message

"Goedjn" wrote in message

[...] Doesn't the wheelbarrow section have pre-made replacement
handles, anyway?

--Goedn

Yes, the wheelbarrow "handles" I used were pre-made replacements. In case

didn't make myself clear... it was the wedge-shaped wood sections (mounted
between the handles and the wheelbarrow tub) that I bought the 2x4 wood

for.

Ken

BTW, I couldn't buy the replacment handles at my local HomeDepot (or any

of
its nearby competitors). They used to sell them, this I do recall. But

now
they only sell the whole wheelbarrow, which would have cost me $129 (CDN).
(I had to drive out into the boonies where I was able to buy replacment
handles for $30 at a farmer's supply outfit.) Not sure whether to think

of
this as a "clueless urban consumers market" driven situation, or more
cynically as just marketing-strategy aimed at maximizing whole wheelbarrow
sales by withholding the obvious, less economically wasteful common-sense
alternative. Or probably, as per usual, a little of both... g